Earlier in the year, I wrote a few posts about the current year's flying stars. In the posts, I talked about the stars' positives and negatives. In this post, I just want to remind all of you that the 5-yellow star lies in the center of your home for 2013. The reason for the reminder is because the 5-yellow star is the most problematic among all flying stars. It can cause health problems and cause occupants to be prone to accidents. I want to make sure that you remember to remedy the negative star. The 5-yellow star prefers quietness and idleness over constant actions. Do not start a renovation in the center of your home this year. If it is possible, avoid too much actions for the area. If the center of your home is a high traffic and high action area, you must remedy the 5-yellow star. You may use old metal keys and ring them often, or you may use a handwind music box and wind it often.
If you are the owner of a company or the head of a corporation, your office location is very important in the Feng Shui of the company. Ideally, you should find out what element you belong to, then find an office building to build your office according to your element. For example, if you belong to the element metal, the office entryway should sit on the east and faces the west as the west represents the element metal. Once you find such ideal office location for your company, you may find the "life generating" area (by using the eight mansion method) and use the area as your office. To further enhance the good fortune for your company, you may place your work desk according to your element. In the example above, you may place the desk facing the west within your office area.
Nowadays, many children are lucky to have their own bedroom. Parents of course would want the very best for their children in every way. So let's look into some Feng Shui points for the children's room.
1) The room must be bright and well lit, otherwise studying becomes difficult.
2) Windows curtains should not be pink, red, or black, it would be hard to concentrate on studying and prone to daydreaming.
3) Do not place the head of the bed underneath the air conditioner or fan. This might lead to headache and ear pain.
4) Do not use dark red color flooring in the children's room. This might lead to hyperactivity and temperamental.
5) Pattern of wallpaper should not be too busy, because the child would be more interested in playing all the time.
6) The ceiling color should be light color. Do not use dark color, otherwise will lead to tiredness and lack of energy all the time.
7) Children's room should be kept clean and neat, otherwise they would become lazy and slow to finish any task.
8) Children's desk should not face the bathroom, they would have problem keeping up with their study.
9) The back, right, or left of their desk should not face the door, because they might lose interest in studying.
10) Do not put the head of children's bed towards the door, this might lead to poor quality sleep.
The Feng Shui of your house plays an important of your possibilities of a love relationship, or simply just meeting new friends. There are a few possible Feng Shui negatives to this situation.
1) Is your bedroom in the basement level? If yes, this might be the reason why you haven't met someone yet. Basements are below ground levels which means they are Ying chi heavy. Over long period of time spent in the basement will make you feel like a loner. Your luck in the love and people relationships will be minimizied.
2) Is your bed full of stuff? If yes, you should consider cleaning up your bed. Space in your bed represents your luck and chance of relationships, be it love or just meeting more people.
3) Does your house have a courtyard in the middle of it? If yes, chances are you would have a tree or at least some plants in the courtyard. This situation is also not ideal for relationships. The reason is trees and plants belong to the element wood while a house belongs to the element earth (wood is in the center surrounded by earth). The wood element kills the earth element. Therefore, possibilities for new relationships are slim.
4) Is your house located in a remote location without neighbors around you? Or, is our bedroom located especially far away from the rest of the family members' bedrooms? If yes, this might be the reason why you haven't found a relationship or able to meet new friends. The sense of isolation in this situation contributes to the lack of luck in the relationship department.
Flowers can add so much color and live to any room in which they are placed. Lets talk about flowers placements today.
1) Living room - is where friends and family gather. A glass vase of decent size with bright color flowers is suitable for placements in the living room. Bright color flowers give a feeling of excitement and will bring much live to the room.
2) Bedroom - is where resting takes place. To achieve the balance of the room, you should choose to contrast the decor of the room. For example, if the wall color and decor are in the cool family, select warm color flowers for the room. Ceramic or wood are suitable materials for vases.
3) Dining room - is where eating and socializing take place. It is recommended that flowers are placed in the middle of the dining table, so everyone can enjoy them. However, It is not recommended that the vase or the center piece be too tall as it will obstruct everyone's sight.
4) Office - is where working or reading take place. It is a good idea to use a calming color vase with flowers that also deliver a feeling of calmness. Keep in mind that if an office is small, do not use an oversized vase. On the other hand, if an office is large, then you may even select a vase that is suitable to be placed on the floor.
5) Kitchen - is where food is prepared and cooked. It is recommended that you select plants which are simple and easy to take care. Do not choose plants that easily attract bugs. It is also a good idea to use vegetables and fruits as arrangements.
6) Bathroom - is where cleaning takes place. By placing some flowers in a bathroom will instantly inject live to the room. Just choose flower arrangements according to size of the room.
Windows represent the children of a home while the front door represenets the parents. In a home, you want an entry door to make more of a statement or impression than a window. The windows should not be too big. When the windows are too big, the childrens will not listen to their parents. Therefore, it would lead to disagreements, arguements, and conflicts within the household all the time. When there is no harmony among the occupants, how can the Feng Shui be good. There are different type of windows in term of the way they open. The most ideal in Feng Shui is the ones that open outward. These allow the most air (chi) in and out (good air in and bad air out). Windows that open inward are not good. They affect the ideal Feng Shui air (chi) circulation. Particularly these windows affect the career of the occupants. Windows that open upward or
downward are not ideal in Feng Shui either. You want to be able to open the window completely not halfway, because it is all about chi circulation in Feng Shui. Keep in mind, when windows are open, there should not be anything blocking the opening of the window. You do not want any obstruction to chi circulation. The worst type of windows are the ones that are put in a corner in a 90 degree. For example, one window facing east and one window facing south placed in a corner of a room in a 90 degree angle. Again, windows are where chi enter a space, and there are positive and negative chi from different directions. If the chi from the east is positive and the chi from the south is negative, then you can imagine why it is bad. Positive and negative chi should not be gushing into each other like that. In Feng Shui, this affects the Ying and Yang balance as well.
Windows are crucial to a home's Feng Shui, be it good or bad. Ideally, you want to have just enough windows to allow good air circulations in a home. For example, if you have windows in the east side of your house, you should also have windows in the the west side of your house. This way the air can cross circulate inside the space. Of course, if you have a big home, it is okay to have windows on all sides of your house, as long as there aren't too many windows. In Feng Shui, you don't want to have too many windows in a space, because chi would not be able to stay in your home with too many windows. On the other hand, too little windows would be too depressing, and occupants are more prone to sickness as Ying energy is heavy.
The majority of people would think that a very bright and airy house is the best in Feng Shui. No doubt a space that is bright and airy feels very comfortable. However an ideal Feng Shui space should be able to contain the positive chi (energy). In order to achieve that, Ying and Yang energies must be balance inside a space. Sunlight and airflow represent Yang; darkness and stuffiness represent Ying. Believe it or not, a Ying heavy space attracts money. But there is a downside, when there is too much Ying chi, it would attract illness and paranormal entities. A Yang heavy space on the other hand has trouble retaining wealth as well as the occupants living in the space. For example, the children will leave the house early to go off to college or live away from home. So if you have a house that is overly bright with too much sunlight, you may use window curtains to lower the amount of sunlight entering the house. If you have a house that has too little sunlight, then you may install more lighting to light up the space. Keep in mind, balance is the key criteria for good Feng Shui.
If you live in a house of more than one story, the stairs should ideally be placed in a good Feng Shui spot of the house. In reality, it is very rare that you will get to select where the stairs go. They are usually already built near the front entry door. In this case, it would be ideal if the stairs are not facing the front door directly. The chi (energy) from upstairs will go down the stairs and then out the door directly. This situation unfortunately does not qualify to be good Feng Shui. Good Feng Shui requires that positive chi be kept and retained inside the home. In the case you live in a building, the exit staircase location is also an important part of the Feng Shui of your home. It is ideal that your entry door does not face the staircase. There is one exception, but only when you know if the staircase is located in a good Feng Shui spot. If the staircase is in a good Feng Shui spot and it is in front of your apartment, then the good chi from the staircase will enter your home and benefit you. However, if the staircase is in a bad spot, then it will bring negative chi into your home.
Whether it is the work desk in your home office or work office, it is a "no no" to place it with its back to the window or door. In Feng Shui, it is ideal "to be hugged by the mountain and to hug the water." It is always better to sit in front of a wall (wall represents the mountain in this case). If there must be a space between your chair and the wall, be sure to stay as close to the wall as you can. The door and window are where chi (energy) enters a room. If you sit with your back towards the door, the people and energies that enter the room in back of you may give you an unsettling feeling. In an office setting, many times people sit with their backs toward a walkway with high traffic. Imagine there are constantly people walking back and forth behind you. It definitely does not sound comfortable. If changing the position of your desk is not an option, try hanging a sweater, a cardigan, or a jacket in brown color on your chair (a color that represents the earth element) to create a sense of something to lean on for support (like a wall or mountain).
Feng Shui Enthusiast